Claim for Third-Party Property Damage and/or Bodily Injury
Third-Party Property Damage and/or Bodily Injury Claims Process
Each claim is different, let us guide you through your claim:
Notify Liberty Claims Department of the claims within 14 days after the accident by submitting:
Submit required documents for further investigation instead of “Submission of Requisite Documents to await Liberty’s approval of commencement of repair
- Original Motor Vehicle Accident Claim Form
- Original Letter of Consent
- Original Declaration of Driver
- Original “Application for a Certificate Relating to Previous Conviction under Section 75(5) of Road Traffic Ordinance, Cap 374”
- Original Personal Information Collection Statement
- Copy of the driver’s Driving Licence
- Copy of the driver’s HKID
- Copy of Vehicle Registration Document (both sides)
- Copy of Vehicle Licence
- Copy of the Breathalyser Test Report issued by the police, if any
- Copy of the driver’s Statement made to the police if any
- Color photos/video depicting the accident, if any
- Copy of all correspondence regarding the accident
After police investigation, you MUST submit the following documents immediately:
- Copy of Investigation Result Letter issued by the police
- Copy of Summons to Defendant issued by Magistrates’ Courts, if any
If you are negligent in the accident
If you are negligent in the accident, you will receive a POLICE INVESTIGATION RESULT LETTER issued by the police and a “SUMMONS TO DEFENDANT" issued by magistrates’ courts separately. Please be reminded to submit all claim letter(s), writ and SUMMONS to us immediately upon receipt. Do NOT admit liability without our consent.
Handle third-party claim on your behalf
We will handle third-party claim on your behalf
Your top questions, answered
How do I make a claim if my vehicle was involved in a traffic accident?
When should I make a claim after a traffic accident?
Will my No Claims Discount (“NCD") be affected if I make a claim?
How do I know if I qualify for the Substitute Vehicle Benefit for renting a car after an accident?
My car is in the repair shop. Do I need to obtain the insurer’s approval first before commencing repairs?
How long does it usually take to commence repairs on my vehicle if I claim Own Damage?
What is depreciation?
What should I do if I am NOT the negligent party?
If I have third-party only coverage and my vehicle is damaged in an accident, will Liberty recover from the third-party on my behalf?
What is recovery from third-party(s) and how long will it take?
Could I withdraw my claim at any time?