Claim for Own Damage
Own Damage Claims Process
Each claim is different, let us guide you through your claim:
Notify Liberty Claims Department of the claims within 14 days after the accident by submitting:
- Copy of Motor Vehicle Accident Claim Form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Copy of Repair Estimate of the insured vehicle to email@example.com
Submit the required documents and await Liberty’s approval to commence repair
- Original Motor Vehicle Accident Claim Form
- Original Letter of Consent
- Original Declaration of Driver
- Original “Application for a Certificate Relating to Previous Conviction under Section 75(5) of Road Traffic Ordinance, Cap 374"
- Original Personal Information Collection Statement
- Copy of the driver's Driving Licence
- Copy of the driver's HKID
- Copy of Vehicle Registration Document (both sides)
- Copy of Vehicle Licence
Settle repair amount, excess(es) and depreciation after repair
Liberty will pay for the net repair amount and you will pay for the excess(es) and depreciation, if any, after the repair is complete
Additional documents to follow-up the claim, if any
- Copy of the Breathalyser Test Report issued by the police, if any
- Copy of the driver’s Statement made to the police, if any
- Color photos/video depicting the accident, if any
- Copy of Investigation Result Letter issued by the police, if any
- Copy of all correspondence regarding the accident
Your top questions, answered
How do I make a claim if my vehicle was involved in a traffic accident?
When should I make a claim after a traffic accident?
Will my No Claims Discount (“NCD") be affected if I make a claim?
How do I know if I qualify for the Substitute Vehicle Benefit for renting a car after an accident?
My car is in the repair shop. Do I need to obtain the insurer’s approval first before commencing repairs?
How long does it usually take to commence repairs on my vehicle if I claim Own Damage?
What is depreciation?
What should I do if I am NOT the negligent party?
If I have third party only coverage and my vehicle is damaged in an accident, will Liberty recover from the third party on my behalf?
What is recovery from third party(s) and how long will it take?
Could I withdraw my claim at any time?