Personal Information Collection Statement
Liberty International Insurance Limited (referred to hereinafter as the “Company”) recognizes its responsibilities in relation to the collection, holding, processing, use and/or transfer of personal data under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486) (the “Ordinance”).
The personal data of customers (including but not limited to policy owners, insureds and beneficiaries) collected or held by the company may be used, stored, processed, transferred or disclosed or shared for the following obligatory purposes:
1. Processing and determining insurance applications, insurance claims and providing ongoing insurance services;
2. Processing requests for payment and for direct debit authorization;
3. Managing, investigating and analyzing any claim, action and/or proceedings brought against the customers, and to exercise the Company’s rights as more particularly defined in applicable policy wording, including but not limited to subrogation rights;
4. Compiling statistics or using for accounting purposes
5. Conducting research, insurance surveys and analysis for the purpose of product design and development;
6. Monitoring compliance with the Company’s rules;
7. Meeting disclosure requirements of any local or foreign law, regulations, codes or guidelines binding on the Company, its parent and affiliated companies (“Liberty Mutual Insurance Group of Companies”) ;
8. To comply with any legal or regulatory obligations in Hong Kong or overseas;
9. Complying with the legitimate requests or orders of the courts of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region and regulators including but not limited to the Insurance Authority, Hong Kong Federation of Insurers, auditors, governmental bodies and governmental-related establishments binding the Liberty Mutual Insurance Group of Companies;
10. Enabling an actual or proposed assignee of the Company to evaluate the transaction intended to be the subject of the assignment;
11. Establishing, exercising or defending legal rights of any member of the Liberty Mutual Insurance Group of Companies;
12. Conducting identity and/or credit checks and/or debt collection;
13. Conducting medical or health reference checks for relevant insurance products;
14. Facilitating the Company’s authorized service providers to provide services to the Company and/or customers for the above purposes;
15. Facilitating global cooperation, communication and teamwork within the Liberty Mutual Insurance Group of Companies;
16. Carrying out due diligence or other screening activities (including background and probity checks) in accordance with legal or regulatory obligations or our risk management procedures that may be required by law or that may have been put in place by us;
17. Providing, allowing access to, administering or maintaining computer hardware and software systems used by us;
18. Maintaining, reviewing and developing our business systems, procedures and infrastructure, including testing or upgrading our computer hardware and software systems;
19. Other purposes directly relating to any of the above; and
20. Any other purposes we notify you at the time of obtaining your consent.
Please note that if you do not provide us with your personal data, we may not be able to issue your policy, process claims or provide insurance products or services to you or process your request where use of your personal data is required.
Certain personal data of customers collected or held by the Company, in particular, names and contact information such as telephone number, email address and postal address may be used by the Company and/or the Liberty Mutual Group of Companies to provide marketing materials and conduct direct marketing activities (including but not limited to promoting, marketing or selling of the Company, Liberty Mutual Insurance Group of Companies or co-branded insurance or financial or investment related products or services by electronic or other means) in relation to insurance and/or financial products and services of the Company, the Liberty Mutual Insurance Group of Companies and/or other financial services providers. Please tick the box below if you do not consent to receive such marketing communications.
Please tick here if you do not consent to receive marketing communications.
In the absence of any “opt-out” request from the customer, the Company shall treat the application and continuation of his/her policy(ies) held with the Company as an indication of no objection to the Company’s use of such personal data for this voluntary marketing purpose.
Transfer of Personal Data
The personal data provided / disclosed by you and held by the Company will be kept confidential and may be held or stored locally, regionally or globally, whether in Hong Kong or out of Hong Kong
Subject to the provision of any applicable law, we may need to disclose the personal data disclosed / provided by you to third parties, whether located within or outside Hong Kong for one or more of the above Purposes. The personal data provided by you may be shared with the following parties, within or outside of Hong Kong :-
1. Any Liberty Mutual Insurance Group of Companies, or any other company carrying on insurance or reinsurance related business, or an intermediary;
2. Any agent, contractor, banker or third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment, banking or other services to the Company in connection with the operation of its business;
3. Third party service providers including legal advisors, investigators, loss adjusters, reinsurers, medical and rehabilitation consultants, surveyors, specialists, repairers, accountants and data processors;
4. Credit reference agencies, and in the event of default, any debt collection agencies or companies carrying on claim or investigation services;
5. Any person to whom the Company is under an obligation to make disclosure under the requirements of any law binding on the Company or any of its associated companies for the purposes of any regulations, codes or guidelines issued by governmental, regulatory or other authorities with which the Company or any of its associated companies are expected to comply;
6. Any person pursuant to any order of a court of competent jurisdiction;
7. Any actual or proposed assignee of the Liberty Mutual Insurance Group of Companies or transferee of the Liberty Mutual Insurance Group of Companies’ rights in respect of the policy owners;
8. Companies within the Liberty Mutual Insurance Group of Companies;
9. Providers of risk intelligence for the purpose of customer and/or intermediary due diligence or anti-money laundering screening;
10. Other banking/financial institutions, commercial or charitable organizations with whom the Company maintains business referral or other arrangements for marketing communication if “no objection” is provided; and
11. Third party marketing service providers and insurance intermediaries for marketing communication if “no objection” is provided.
Access and Correction of Personal Data
Under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, all policyholder/customers have the right to access to, correct and/or change any of their own personal data held by the Company by contacting the Company’s Personal Data Privacy Officer at:
Liberty International Insurance Limited, 13/F Berkshire House, 25 Westlands Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong
In accordance with the Ordinance, a reasonable fee may be charged by the Company for the processing of any data access request.