Information Collected When You Visit Our Site
BY USING OUR SITE OR ENTERING YOUR DETAILS TO ACCESS AREAS RESERVED FOR REGISTERED USERS, YOU AGREE THAT LIBERTY CAN PLACE COOKIES ON YOUR COMPUTER OR YOUR INTERNET ENABLED DEVICE.
- recognise you whenever you visit the Site (this speeds up and personalizes your access to the Site);
- collect basic information about the way you have used the Site;
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, products and services and to help us better understand our visitor AND/OR customer requirements and interests; and
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
Consent to Cookies
When you use our Site, Liberty will record anonymous statistics about your visit. Our service providers may make a record of your visit that includes but not limited to IP addresses (and domain names), the types and configurations of browsers, language settings, geo-locations, operating systems, previous sites visited, and time/duration and the pages visited. Liberty uses this information to better understand website usage in the aggregate so that we know what areas of our Site users prefer. This information is stored in log files and is used for statistical reporting and in limited circumstances to prevent fraudulent claims.The cookies may also allow Liberty to record additional information on the Site you have visited and the contents of those webpages, any information you input, your referring URL or IP address, your time of visit and related session information, your requested page, web browser type, USR agent, status of request (successful reply), cookies, number of bytes in the response, and query string and any information or technical detail your browser is sending to us.
In some instances, we, and our third party service providers may use, cookies, web beacons and other technologies to automatically collect certain types of information when you visit us online, as well as through emails that we may exchange. The collection of this information allows us to customize your online experience, improve the performance, usability and effectiveness of Liberty’s online presence, and to measure the effectiveness of our marketing activities. Other third party tools and widgets may be used on our Site to provide additional functionality. Use of these tools or widgets may place a cookie on your device to make their service easier to use, and ensure your interaction is displayed on our webpages properly.
An IP address is a number assigned to your computer whenever you access the internet. It allows computers and servers to recognize and communicate with one another. IP addresses may be recorded by us for IT security and system diagnostic purposes. This information may also be used in aggregate form to conduct web site trend and performance analysis such as identifying the number of unique visitors to our Site and geographic origin of visitor trends.
Classifications of Cookies:
- Cookies that are defined as “strictly necessary” are required to help keep data safe. They allow you to move between different pages on our Sire. They also help to keep your details secure; and
- Cookies that are defined as “not strictly necessary”. This type of cookie helps us improve the performance of our Site. They tell us how pages are used, which ones are commonly viewed and help us piece together a full picture of a typical visitor’s journey through the Site. They also tell us if any errors occur.
There are three types of uses on our Site which falls under the above classifications:
- Statistics. By using our Site, Liberty is able to log general statistical information of our visitors through the use of tools such as Google Analytics. This record of your visit includes information such as domain name, IP address, browser type and configuration, geo-location, language settings, operation system, previous sites visited, and duration of page visits. If you want to prevent the data from being used by Google Analytics, you can use “Google Analytics opt out browser add-on”. For details, you can refer to https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
- Logs. By using our website, Liberty is able to log general statistical information (from log files) such as: the domain name, IP address and browser type of our web site visitors. With the information gathered, we are better able to create a customized experience for your visit to our web site. The log file information does not contain personally identifiable information, such as name, address, phone, etc.
Below is a list of the Purposes of the cookies used on our Site: -
Purpose Description Type & Expiry Performance
Our Site uses internet platforms with built-in cookies which help compatibility issues (e.g., to identify your browser type) and improve performance (e.g., quicker loading of content). Persistent, but will delete automatically after two years Security (e.g. Asp .NET) Cookies If you register for access to a restricted area of our Site, such as a members section, our cookies ensure that your device is logged for the duration of your visit. You will need your username and password to access the restricted areas. Persistent, but will delete automatically after two years Site Preferences Our cookies may also remember your site preferences (e.g., language) or seek to enhance your experience (e.g., by personalizing a greeting or content). This will apply to areas where you have registered specifically for access or create an account. Persistent, but will delete automatically after two years Analytical We use several third party analytics tools to help us understand how site visitors use our web site. This allows us to improve the quality and content for our visitors. The aggregated statistical data cover items such as total visits or page views, and referrers to our web sites.
More information about how Google Analytics is used by Liberty can be found here: http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html
Persistent, but will delete automatically after two years Social Media,Widgets,mobile applications We use third party social media widgets or buttons to provide you with additional functionality to share content from our web pages to social media websites and email. Use of these widgets or buttons may place a cookie on your device to make their service easier to use, ensure your interaction is displayed on our webpages (e.g. the social share count cache is updated) and log information about your activities across the Internet and on our Site. We encourage you to review each provider's privacy information before using any such service. Persistent, but will be deleted automatically after two years